Wizards SEA invites all aspiring Planeswalkers this April to explore the world’s greatest trading card game, Magic: The Gathering, in conjunction with the upcoming launch of its latest set, March of the Machine.
From guided learn to play sessions, meet and greet cosplayer activities, and a new 2v2 player format that pairs new and experienced players, there is something for everyone keen on immersing into the fantasy world of Magic over two weekends.
Fun Activities At Local Game Stores
A series of fun carnival-styled activities will be available at two selected Local Game Stores from 8-9 April to introduce players to the popular strategy-based card game. Activities are free and pre-registration is recommended on Magic: The Gathering’s Facebook event.
Local Game Store Plane Theme Address Classroom Café Uptown Phyrexia 47B, Jalan SS21/37, Damansara Utama, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia Cards & Hobbies Kamigawa A-1-5, Parklanes Commercial Hub, Jalan SS7/26, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Curated activities aimed to provide a fun and relaxing learning experience for new players await. New players who pre-register will receive 2 themed booster packs to start their journey as Planeswalkers.
Highlights of the activities include:
- Learn to Play in 3 simple steps: Trained staff will be on hand at dedicated learning corners to share the ropes of the game with new players.
- Meet and Greet sessions: The heroine Elspeth comes alive with special appearances at the stores on 8 April. Timings are (subject to change):
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm: Classroom Café Uptown
- 4:00pm – 6:00pm: Cards & Hobbies
- Snap away as you claim your first win: A photo booth invites you to step into a different plane (or hop across stores to try out different planes), as players and their friends create cherished memories of their exciting experiences. They can walk away with 2 free Jumpstart Booster Packs by sharing the photos on their social media platforms and tagging their friends with the inclusion of hashtags #MOMCARNIVAL, #MTGMachine and #MTGMachineSEA.
March Of The Machine Launches On 21 April 2023
Local Game Stores will be transformed into planes that will be depicted in March of the Machine, which is centered on a multiverse theme where heroes from different locations band together for the ultimate fight of good versus evil.
Pre-release weekend awaits all on 14-16 April! A week before the March of the Machine set is released, new and veteran players can head to their favourite local WPN (Wizards Play Network) member game store to crack open some packs, build a deck, and try out the exciting new cards and mechanics.
New to the pre-release event is the 2 Headed Giant format. With this 2v2 setting, each new player will pair up with a seasoned player, who can offer personalised guidance and share strategies and tips as they enjoy the game together.
Attendees dressed in the store’s theme can receive a free themed booster pack. Veteran players can also receive a booster pack for teaching new players at the pre-release event.
For more information on March of the Machine, visit the official website here.
Pre-register for the event here.