Square Enix’s has unveiled the PC system requirements for their upcoming game Forspoken. Square Enix had pitched the game as a showcase of PS5’s technological features, such as AI upscaling and SSD game load times.
Now that they have revealed the PC system requirements, we just could not wrap our heads around why, even after watching the official gameplay trailer.
Forspoken PC System Requirements
To even play the game at a resolution of 720p at 30 fps, you will need at least:
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 or Intel i7-3770 (3.7Ghz or higher)
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT 8GB or Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
- RAM:16GB RAM
- Storage:160GB HDD
For a more comfortable 1440p at 30 fps gaming experience, the system requirements gets even crazier:
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / Intel Core i7 8700k (3.7GHz or better)
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB / Nvidia Geforce GTX 3070 8GB
- RAM: 24GB
- Storage: 150GB or more SSD
Do keep in mind that the PS5 runs on an AMD Zen 2 APU with RDNA 2 graphics, which is far less powerful than most modern gaming rigs today. At this rate, 16GB RAM will no longer be the sweet spot for gaming PCs in the near future.
Forspoken will release on PS5 and PC on January 25th, 2023.