High end gaming laptops have come a long way over the years, with newer and faster processors and GPUs providing more immersive gaming experiences and sleeker designs.
As manufacturers try to cram in as much hardware as possible into a laptop chassis, the market is flooded with options, making it challenging to choose the right one. However, if you’re looking for a high end gaming laptop that delivers an exceptional gaming experience, this guide is for you.
How To Choose A High End Gaming Laptop
Before diving into specific product recommendations, it’s crucial to consider some key factors when buying a high end gaming laptop. Here are a few essential features to look out for:
- Graphics Card: A high-end graphics card is crucial for a smooth gaming experience. Look for laptops with the latest NVIDIA or AMD graphics card, such as the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3000/4000 series or AMD Radeon RX 7000 series.
- Processor: A powerful processor is essential to handle complex gaming graphics and processing needs. Look for laptops with Intel Core i9 or AMD Ryzen 9 processors.
- RAM: The amount of RAM determines how many programs and applications you can run simultaneously. For a high-end gaming laptop, you’ll want at least 16GB of RAM, ideally 32GB if not more.
- Storage: High-end gaming laptops come with fast SSDs that provide quick boot and load times. Look for laptops with at least 512GB of storage, although 1TB is ideal.
- Display: A high-resolution display with a fast refresh rate is essential for gaming. Look for laptops with a 144Hz or higher refresh rate.
MSI Vector GP77 13VF 014
The MSI Vector GP77 Gaming Laptop is a high-performance machine that’s perfect for gamers who want a large display. It features a 17.3-inch QHD display with a 240Hz refresh rate, an Intel Core i7-13700H processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 graphics card, 16GB of DDR5 RAM, and a 2TB NVMe SSD.
This high end gaming laptop also has a per-key RGB backlit keyboard by Steelseries, providing a customizable and tactile gaming experience.
Visuals look gorgeous with the excellent 100 DCI-P3 colour gamut, and the fast refresh rate is perfect for FPS shooters. It is powered by the latest Raptor Lake 14-core CPU and RTX 4060 GPU for fast and immersive gaming performance. You can download tons of games without worry thanks to the large 2TB NVME SSD too.
However, the GP77 is a heavy laptop, weighing at 5kg, which is more than double of what laptops normally weigh.
Where to buy: MSI Online Store
Asus ROG Zephyrus M16 (GU604V-YNM069WH)
The ROG Zephyrus M16 (GU604V-YNM069WH) has a peculiar screen size of 16 inches. Asus manages to cram in a 16-inch 2560 x 1600 display into a 15.6-inch form factor, making it a fairly portable high end gaming laptop.
The M16 is equipped with a 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900H processor, a flagship RTX 4090 GPU, 16GB of DDR5 RAM and 1TB of fast NVME storage. It features an ROG Nebula HDR Mini-LED Display, which is ROG’s answer to Apple’s Retina display, ensuring an immersive and vibrant HDR gaming experience. It is also speedy at 240Hz refresh rate for fast paced competitive gaming.
At the back, you will find an AniMe Matrix display, which is customisable to style it unique to you.
Razer Blade 14 (2022)
If you want a super portable high end gaming laptop that is still packed with powerful hardware, then Razer Blade 14 should be in your shortlist. The Razer Blade 14 is powered by an AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX Processor, RTX 3080 Ti, 16GB of DDR5 RAM and 1TB of NVME SSD Storage.
Despite being a 14-inch display, it has a QHD resolution and is factory calibrated for accurate colours. The colour gamut is excellent too at 100% DCI-P3. While not mind-blowing by any means, 165Hz is still plenty fast for most gamers.
It is also very lightweight, coming at around 1.8kg, which is only slightly heavier than thin and light laptops. Overall, the Razer Blade 14 is a great high end gaming laptop that is not only powerful, but also portable for gamers who are always on the go.