Apple Fitness+ will be available in 15 new countries beginning November 4, 2021, bringing the total number of countries the service is available to 21. In both new and existing markets, Fitness+ will be available in English, with subtitles in Brazilian Portuguese, English, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish. Starting today, Fitness+ is introducing a new way to work out or meditate together with SharePlay. SharePlay makes it possible for iPhone, iPad, and Mac1 users to have shared experiences with friends and family while on a FaceTime call.
“We created Fitness+ so everyone would have a place they feel inspired and motivated, no matter where they are on their fitness journey. We are so excited to be available to millions more people as we bring Fitness+ to 15 new countries next week, and can’t wait for them to meet our welcoming trainer team,”
“Fitness+ also integrates key workout metrics users know and love from Apple Watch, and motivational music to encourage users to get fit and stay healthy anytime, anywhere.”Jay Blahnik, Apple’s vice president of Fitness Technologies
Fitness+ is currently available in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK, and the US. Beginning November 4, 2021, Fitness+ will be available in 15 new countries with the addition of Austria, Brazil, Colombia, France, Germany, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Arab Emirates. Fitness+ will be available in English, with subtitles in Brazilian Portuguese, English, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish.
Apple Fitness+ is available as a standalone subscription, or as a part of the Apple One Premier plan which, where available, also gives customers access to Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and iCloud+ with 2TB of storage. Apple Fitness+ is the first fitness experience built around Apple Watch, bringing studio-style workouts and guided meditations to iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV.
Fitness+ intelligently and seamlessly incorporates key workout metrics users love from Apple Watch for a personalised and immersive experience that users can complete wherever and whenever it is convenient for them. Workouts and guided meditations are led by a diverse and inclusive team of trainers whose approach is welcoming to all, and are inspired to coach all levels, from beginners to fitness enthusiasts. All of the workouts also include a trainer demonstrating modifications, so there’s always someone to follow, no matter a user’s ability.
Workouts are fuelled by music from today’s top artists and designed to keep users motivated from start to finish whether their workout is five or 45 minutes long. For Apple Music subscribers, favourite music from Fitness+ workouts can also be easily saved and listened to later, whether in a workout or otherwise. Workouts include High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), Strength, Yoga, Dance, Core, Cycling, Pilates, Meditation, Treadmill (for running and walking), Rowing, and Mindful Cooldown.
With Fitness+, users can also get moving with Time to Walk — an inspiring audio experience featuring guests from around the world who encourage people to walk more often while they share stories, photos, and songs. All that is needed is an Apple Watch and AirPods or Bluetooth headphones.
Fitness+ also has programs designed to help users reach their goals during a specific season of life — like Workouts for Pregnancy, Workouts for Older Adults, Workouts for Beginners, and Meditations for Beginners. Fitness+ also offers a workout program called Get Ready for Snow Season, featuring and designed with two-time Olympic gold medalist and five-time world champion skier Ted Ligety, along with Fitness+ trainer Anja Garcia.
To prepare users to get back to their favourite winter sports, the program will help build strength, balance, and endurance so users can have more fun on the slopes, all the way to the last run. Fitness+ also has an Artist Spotlight series, where the entire playlist for a workout is dedicated to a single music artist. The series recently added new workouts featuring the music of Billie Eilish, Calvin Harris, Imagine Dragons, and Nicki Minaj.
Today, Fitness+ is introducing a new way to work out or meditate together with family and friends using SharePlay, to help people stay motivated and accountable on their fitness journey. Fitness+ subscribers can use SharePlay to start a group workout or meditation with up to 32 of their friends and family while using FaceTime on an iPhone or iPad, and the selected Fitness+ session will stream completely in sync for every participant. Once on a FaceTime call, users will navigate to the Fitness app, select a workout or meditation, see their friends and family onscreen, and get started.
SharePlay also works with Apple TV so users can follow the workout on a big screen while staying connected with friends on FaceTime using their iPhone or iPad. When working out in a group through SharePlay, users will see their metrics and progress toward closing their Activity rings, while also seeing and hearing friends. During a workout, when someone moves ahead on the Burn Bar or closes their Activity rings, everyone working out will be notified so they can celebrate together — or even engage in some friendly smack talk to keep one another going.
Pricing & Availability
- Fitness+ is available as a subscription service for RM19.90 per month or RM119.90 per year.
- Fitness+ is included in the Apple One Premier plan, which, where available, also gives customers access to Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and iCloud+ with 2TB of storage from RM69.90 per month, and can be shared among six family members. Apple One Premier will be available in 17 new countries beginning November 4.
- Fitness+ is currently available in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK, and the US. It will be available in Austria, Brazil, Colombia, France, Germany, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Switzerland, and the UAE beginning November 4, 2021.
- Three months of Apple Fitness+ are included for customers who purchase Apple Watch Series 3 or later, and one month of Fitness+ is included for existing Apple Watch users.2
- Fitness+ can be shared among up to six family members for the same price, making it easy for other Apple Watch users in the same household to enjoy the service.
- Fitness+ requires an Apple Watch Series 3 or later with watchOS 7.2, and is available when paired with iPhone 6s or later with iOS 14.3.
- To get the newest features, use Fitness+ with Apple Watch Series 3 or later with watchOS 8.1, paired with iPhone 6s or later with iOS 15.1; iPad with iPadOS 15.1; or Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD with tvOS 15.1.