Garmin Malaysia today announced the launch of the Enduro™ ultra performance GPS watch in Malaysia, which introduces advanced training features and key performance monitoring tools tailored for endurance athletes to better train and perform at their peak.
Featuring a range of customisable power management modes, the Enduro is also equipped with a Power Glass™ solar charging lens that converts the power of the sun to boost battery life up to 65 days.
“With Enduro equipped, ultra athletes can now focus on their training and perform without the distraction of a diminishing battery life,” “Built to endure uncompromising environments as well as to last during any ultra-event, the Enduro gives ultrarunners and cyclists the assurance that their watch has as much energy as they do, including the advanced dynamics insights they require to monitor their performance.” Mr. Scoppen Lin, Director, Garmin Asia.
The Garmin Enduro’s lightweight and durable design features a new super light UltraFit nylon strap and a steel bezel. Designed to persist, runners and cyclists can quickly adjust settings to disable certain features to get the longest battery life on a Garmin wearable to date. A full charge will get an athlete 70 hours in GPS mode which is extended to 80 hours with solar capabilities.
Designed for unremitting race conditions, the Enduro has several new training and recovery tools. Many traditional multisport smartwatch features have been augmented specific to the demanding needs of endurance athletes:
- VO2 Max: Track cardiovascular fitness levels with the new trail run VO2 max, which automatically adjusts based on trail conditions. A user’s V02 Max is also adjusted by the environment through heat and altitude acclimation.
- ClimbProTM: Get real-time information on the current and upcoming climbs including gradient, distance and elevation gain by using the ascent planner. For additional safety and awareness, ClimbPro trail enhancements provide information for descents and flats.
- Rest Timer: Select the Ultrarun activity which features a rest timer to log the time spent at aid stations.
- Mountain Biking: Track the details of every MTB ride with mountain biking metrics plus specialized grit and flow measurements that rate trail difficulty and track the time of descent, giving a score to beat on the next ride.
- Recovery: Giving the body time to recover between sessions is crucial. After each workout, the built-in recovery advisor will recommend how long to rest before another big effort and the next workout based on sleep and wellness data.
- Recommended Workouts: For training guidance that takes fitness level into account, get daily run and ride suggestions based on current training load and training status.
Enduro offers innovative health and wellness features including wrist-based heart rate and a Pulse Ox sensor for altitude acclimation and advanced sleep tracking. It also includes Garmin’s exclusive Body Battery™ feature that monitors data to gauge energy levels, which can help with scheduling workouts and rest times.
No matter where the route may lead, staying connected is imperative. Enduro is packed with navigation and connectivity features including access to multiple global navigation satellite systems to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone, as well as built-in ABC sensors such as an altimeter for elevation data, barometer to monitor weather and a 3-axis electronic compass.
When paired with a Garmin inReach® Mini satellite communicator, users can send and receive messages quickly from the wrist and share their location so friends and family can follow along, even during the longest of races or extended training sessions that go beyond reliable cellular connectivity. The inReach Mini is lightweight and compact and can easily be clipped to a hydration pack or vest.
In addition to two-way text messaging and location sharing, inReach Mini includes interactive SOS. When the SOS is activated, a response coordinator will track the device location, notify emergency responders in the area, and stay in communication with preset emergency contacts throughout the incident.