Alienware has unveiled 17” AMD Advantage™ laptop, the introduction of the standard-defying 480Hz panel technology, and unveiling of Dell’s first-ever 16-inch Dell G Series laptop. The team continues to hold true to the Alienware ethos of creating the apex gaming experience. These advancements are dedicated to making the images sharper, gameplay smoother, and experience more immersive through a perfect storm of industry leading gaming technology and iconic design.
Alienware m17 R5, Alienware x17 R2 And Dell G16
Alienware m17 R5
For those who value raw power, the Alienware m17 R5 is the laptop for you. It claims the throne as the world’s most powerful 17” AMD Advantage laptop, delivering truly remarkable performance.
The Alienware m17 R5 is forged from a partnership with AMD that features AMD Ryzen™ 6000 series processors, AMD Radeon™ RX 6000 series graphics, and new AMD Smart Technologies. Today’s update welcomes the new AMD Radeon™ RX 6850M XT 12GB GDDR6 GPU to the configuration lineup.
Here’s a refresher on all the AMD Smart Technologies offerings for Alienware m17 R5 on select configurations:
- AMD SmartShift Max: Dynamic power shifting between a Radeon GPU and APU boosts performance for gaming, rendering and content creation.
- AMD SmartAccess Graphics: Improve frame rates, reduce latency and save battery by enabling discrete Radeon graphics or Ryzen graphics to handle rendering and presentation while maintaining AMD FreeSync™. Only available with select models.
- AMD Smart Access Memory: Get an extra edge when your Ryzen processors are able to harness the full potential of the Radeon graphics card memory.
- AMD FreeSync™ Premium: Put an end to choppy gameplay with fluid, artifact-free performance at virtually any framerate. This adaptive sync technology matches the refresh rate of your graphics and your display for buttery smooth gameplay.
The Alienware m17 R5 delivers extreme speeds and response times for a smooth gameplay, it will feel like the game’s become an extension of the user’s senses. The m17 R5 is also stacked with Alienware Cryo-tech cooling technology with a built-in graphics vapor chamber to sustain high-performance when playing graphically intensive games.
Alienware m17 R5 And x17 R2: 480Hz Displays
Now available with Alienware m17 R5 and Alienware x17 R2 gaming laptops, gamers will make first contact with a brand-new display technology. The FHD (1920 x 1080) 480Hz 3ms panels bring a multitude of gameplay benefits including: animation smoothness for easier target tracking, ghosting reduction which minimises distracting effects, and lower system latency making it easier to spot other players earlier.
While any gamer can benefit from the smooth frame rates this 480Hz panel provides, competitive gamers that play fast paced games will notice the advantages of the high-refresh rates immediately. These panels are enabled for both, AMD FreeSync™ and NVIDIA G-SYNC with Advanced Optimus. Within this current graphics generation, any gamer who plays popular esports game titles can unlock the full advantages of 480Hz displays.
Alienware’s first 480Hz is purpose built with premium experiences such as:
- Advanced Optimus: Automatically controls the built-in hardware MUX to disable the iGPU and use the system’s more powerful dGPU, which gives additional control over game performance and battery life.
- ComfortView Plus: A built-in, always-on, hardware-based low blue light solution that doesn’t compromise true-to-life colour accuracy.
- Dolby Vision: Brings optimal colour profiles and contrast that goes well beyond the capabilities of traditional high dynamic range (HDR).
Alternatively, Alienware offers UHD (3840 x 2160) 120Hz 3ms displays on m17 R5 and x17 R2 laptops for those more interested in a higher-resolution panel over faster refresh rates.
The new Dell G16 is designed for PC gamers who need the essential gaming features and want mobility and performance without sacrificing screen size.
The G16 offers a sleek gaming-inspired design with a smooth, modern aluminum cover available in Obsidian Black with an iridescent logo. The laptop also features a 16-inch panel in a 15-inch chassis with a 16:10 aspect ratio to provide gamers 11% more screen than the G15’s 16:9 display, netting a larger gaming and cinematic experience.
The larger viewing area is complimented by 3-sided narrow bezels and fitted with a QHD+ (2560×1600) 165Hz display that hits a sweet spot between high resolution and high frame rates. Advanced Optimus allows the G16 to switch between the integrated GPU and the discrete NVIDIA RTX graphics card as needed, which can help improve battery life and deliver a smooth gaming experience.
Under the hood, the G16 is equipped with Alienware-inspired thermals such as copper pipes, four vents and ultra-thin fan blades to optimise cooling and maximise airflow for consistent high-end gaming performance. It’s armed with a 12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-12700H 14-core processor and up to a NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3070 Ti Laptop GPU. To ensure your machine is running optimally during intense raids and boss encounters, activate the “Game Shift” key in the F9 position which instantly cranks up cooling performance.
G16 takes a few other pages from the Alienware playbook including:
- Alienware Command Center: Provides easy access to game settings, peripheral lighting settings, Dolby Audio, and a game library for seamless customisation.
- New Keyboard options including CherryMX: Option for one zone, per-key RGB, or CherryMX ultra-low profile mechanical keyboard, all options full-sized with completely customisable layouts.
Pricing & Availability
Starting Specs Starting Price Availability in Malaysia The Alienware x17 R2 17.3” FHD, 165Hz | i7-12700H | 16GB RAM | 512GB SSD| | NVIDIA RTX 3060 RM 12,099 Available now Alienware m17 R5 TBC TBC TBC Dell G16 TBC TBC TBC