WhatsApp has launched a feature that preserves end-to-end encryption when you move your entire chat history, account information, voice notes, media, photos, settings, and even your profile photo onto your new Samsung smartphone. Transferring your WhatsApp content from your iPhone to your new Samsung Galaxy device has gotten easier. So your WhatsApp messages stay and belong to you as you enjoy the advantages your Samsung smartphone brings.
WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung smartphone
To migrate your WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung smartphone, simply follow these steps:
- Turn on your new Samsung Galaxy smartphone and connect by cable to your iPhone when prompted.
- Follow the Samsung Smart Switch experience.
- When prompted, scan the QR code displayed on the new device using the iPhone’s camera.
- Tap Start on your iPhone, and wait for the process to complete.
- Continue setting up your new Samsung smartphone.
- When you reach the home screen, open WhatsApp and log in using the same phone number used on your old device.
- Tap Import when prompted, and allow the process to complete.
- Finish activating your new device and you’ll see your chats waiting for you.
What do You need?
- Your new Android device must be factory new or reset to factory settings.
- Samsung SmartSwitch app version 184.108.40.206 or greater on your new device.
- WhatsApp Android Version 220.127.116.11 or greater on your new device.
- WhatsApp iOS version 18.104.22.168 or greater on your old device.
- USB-C to Lightning cable (or equivalent adapters).
- Use the same phone number on the new device as the old device.
Check out WhatsApp FAQs for more info: https://faq.whatsapp.com/general/chats/how-to-migrate-your-whatsapp-data-from-iphone-to-a-samsung-phone/?lang=en