No one can deny that durian is one of the most polarising fruits, igniting passionate debates in particular amongst Malaysians. With it’s pungent aroma, creamy texture and bitter-sweet flavour, it’s no wonder the king of fruits has garnered quite a reputation – as well as a cult following of both lovers and haters. But for most of us Malaysians, it’s finally the moment we have been waiting for all year long – the much anticipated durian season!
However, with movement restrictions in full force, many local durian sellers and farmers – especially smaller ones – have been sharing their concerns and worries of a possible oversupply of the durian fruit this time around. Furthermore, with a ban on dining-in, many of these merchants have been left to explore additional ways to satisfy consumers’ taste buds.
Therefore, as part of Grab’s #TechUntukSemua goal to empower smaller businesses to benefit from the digital economy, Grab is once again focusing on the many local sellers of durian. This not only ensures that Malaysians will be able to get their durian fix, but our local durian merchants and farmers will be able continue to spread the joy of durian as well.
“At Grab, we always strive to support the countless small and traditional businesses that make Malaysia truly unique. Our GrabDurian initiative has been an annual affair to help durian farmers and sellers who look forward to the short window of durian season as their busiest period. With the pandemic exerting additional pressure on the industry, we wanted to double down on supporting these businesses by helping them become part of the digital economy while sustaining their businesses via new sales avenues. As Malaysia continues her fight during these challenging times, we hope to assist all communities to thrive with our consumers’ support.”
Grab Durian Necessities Whether You Are A Lover or Hater
With a controversial fruit like durian, Grab wants to ensure that it meets the needs of both lovers and haters in conjunction with the much anticipated season. For the durian lovers, Grab is highlighting all things durian such as fresh fruit, durian flavoured desserts and pastries and more. Whereas those who are less of a fan of durian, can find odour fighting solutions (read: durian survival kits) to make en-durian this season all that much easier with items such as gloves, mouthwash, air fresheners and more.
Grab users can also enjoy savings of up to 50% on their durian season necessities, whether you’re a lover or hater, from merchants like Durian Man, Lubuk Durian, Purple Monkey, Watsons, Guardian and more.
Grab Food Durian Promo
For the lovers and the haters
Save on durian goodies or durian odour-fighting tools!
50% OFF Fresh Durians
Only available from 15–21 Jul and 2–8 Aug.
Wanna sweeten the deal?
Use the promo code DURIAN and enjoy FREE delivery (up to RM5 off, with a minimum spend of RM60)! Plus, pay for any of your GrabDurian orders with GrabPay Wallet to enjoy 500 extra GrabRewards Points.
Terms and Conditions of the Durian Deals:
- Fresh durian deal only available in selected cities
- Free delivery only valid for 10 redemptions per user/device throughout the campaign.
- Free delivery is capped at RM5. Users must enter promo code “DURIAN” at checkout to be entitled to the discount.
- Free delivery is valid for orders from participating brands on GrabMart.
- Extra GrabRewards Points valid for 3 (THREE) transactions per user only (once per day).
- Free delivery and extra GrabRewards Points promotions are valid with a minimum spend of RM60.
- GrabRewards Points is valid for orders made via GrabPay Wallet for GrabMart durian products and merchandise. Not applicable for credit card transactions, cash or PayLater.
- GrabRewards Points issued from this campaign will not contribute to a GrabRewards tier upgrade, and no extensions of validity will be entertained.
- Daily redemption limit applies.
- Promotion is not valid with any other vouchers or promotions.
- Grab reserves the right to alter, extend or terminate the promotion, or amend the terms and conditions at its sole discretion at any time without prior notice. In case of any disputes directly or indirectly arising from the promotion, the decision of Grab shall be final.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia and any dispute arising out of or in connection with promotion shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts of Malaysia