Alienware today announced the new X-Series – its thinnest 15” and 17” gaming laptops with the first-ever Alienware x15 and Alienware x17. With breakthrough system-level engineering controls to let you play the latest and greatest game titles with confidence, it boasts patent-pending cooling technologies, the latest performance components, framerate-splitting displays and Legend 2.0 design features. What’s more, Alienware’s collaboration with Intel helped achieve one of the thinnest form factors ever seen in a PC of this caliber.
Alienware x15 And x17 Gaming Laptops
When developing the X-Series, Alienware wanted to provide its gaming community with more than just an everyday thin gaming laptop. The aim was to challenge the status quo and create something that redefines the ultimate mobile gaming experience. This was easier said than done due to the physical limitations and mechanical challenges that come with a thin laptop, but Alienware was able to overcome the challenge with tenacity, extra espresso shots and several engineering breakthroughs.
Let’s begin with heat, the enemy of all gamers. Advancement in thermal technologies within mobile form factors continues to be the #1 customer request. The cooling solutions found on the market today present real dilemmas to PC builders and tradeoffs are always being made. To properly address these thermal limitations, Alienware needed to look inwards and reinvent the game. In turn, the discovery of new materials and several new engineering methods, including five patent-pending, were made – exclusive to Alienware.
The next evolution of the Alienware Cryo-TechTM cooling technology introduces Element 31, an exclusive thermal interface material (TIM) concocted from Encapsulated Gallium-Silicone liquid metal compound. This material exists between the CPU and their thermal elements to disperse heat and mitigate spikes in core temperatures from affecting the system’s performance. Unlike what’s currently available on the market, X-Series delivers up to a 25% improvement in thermal resistance advantage with Element 31, but in order to dive into those patent-pending innovations that’ll require level 10 clearance to disclose.
Along with HyperEfficient Voltage Regulation for extended performance during long hours of gameplay, the X-Series offers more heat dissipation and gaming performance. The new exclusive Alienware Quad Fan design blows air efficiently through the system, chassis and internal hotspots, designed to help keep your gaming engines cool wherever you go. Finally, Alienware’s patent-pending Smart Fan control technology utilises AI to enable improved application performance as each fan independently spins-up, slows-down or remains steady according to various sensors strategically placed around core system components.
The culmination of these technologies allows gamers to enjoy their favourite games at high performance within an exceptionally thin form factor, while maintaining an impressive level of quiet and coolness.
At a first glance, there is a lot that is new with the X-Series design. These laptops feature an artfully crafted and evolved, Alienware Legend 2.0 design identity. While this new identity, featuring Dark Core, first-appeared on the recently announced Alienware m15 R5/R6 gaming laptops, X-Series enhances this second-gen iteration to unlock high-performance in ultra-thin forms.
Visually, it’s easy to be allured by the mesmerising, single, continuous loop of bold stadium lighting, illuminating the rear hexagon venting pattern. Or the contour of smooth and gentle angles that produce purity of form. But it’s not just about the glamour appeal, the new X-Series is designed in parity with engineering to maximise thermal benefits. The vents are purposefully placed on the top and base of X-Series notebooks around the quad fan design to help amplify airflow rate and boost thermal performance.
The Alienware X-Series offers an abundance of high-performing technologies to create a tailor-made gaming laptop experience for every gamer, including:
- The latest performance technologies for gamers featuring 11th Gen Intel® Core™ H-series mobile processors and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Laptop GPUs– up to a 3080. x15 and x17 support a maximum graphics power of 110W and 165W, respectively.
- Thermal Control Circuit offset (TCC offset) allows a “cruise control” limit to the CPU temperature, so work and play can be done with the cruise control limit working to help assure that the system CPU temperature will remain within the defined range.
- Select from five Tailored Power States according to gamer needs, including Full Speed (max power), performance mode (graphics priority), balanced mode (balanced CPU/GPU), battery saver (low temperature priority) and quiet mode (acoustics priority).
- Want to experience a true mechanical keyboard on the go? Available as an option on the x17, the CHERRY MX keyboard is a 3.5mm ultra-low-profile design that allows for a deeper press with more emphasis, incorporating German stainless-steel mechanical components for a tactile experience like no other.
- DirectX Raytracing vibrantly brings favourite PC games to life in tandem with the latest panel technologies ranging from incredible FHD 360Hz speed to 4K-UHD HDR400. All of the X-series configurations include a Windows Hello IR camera for quick facial biometric logins. Various panel options also include ComfortView Plus, hardware based, low-blue-light technology to help reduce eye strain without sacrificing display quality.
- AlienFX stadium lighting goes bolder through advanced LED technology with up to 100 micro-LEDS on the x17 (90 on the x15), designed as an independent and programmable lighting zone that gamers can personalise through the Alienware Command Center.
- To maximise portability, the first Alienware-branded 240W power adapter provides gamers with a small and light form factor, making gaming on the go easy.
- As an extension of Dell’s 2030 Moonshot Goals, the X-Series comes directly to your door inside sustainable packaging made from 92% recycled or renewable materials.
Pricing And Availability
In addition to the new X-Series, the Alienware m15 R6 and Dell G15 systems will be available for purchase online at dell.com.my.
Products Starting specs Availability in Malaysia Starting Price(RM) Alienware x15 TBA June 2021 TBA Alienware x17 Intel Core i7, 16GB, 512GB, RTX3060, FHD June 2021 TBA Alienware m15 R6 Intel Core i7, 16GB, 512GB, RTX3060, FHD June 2021 RM 8,199 Dell G15 TGL Intel Core i5, 8GB, 512GB, RTX3050, FHD June 2021 RM 4,199