Samsung Malaysia Electronics is celebrating Samsung Pay’s third anniversary by developing and enhancing users’ mobile payment experiences. Today, Samsung Pay’s partnership with Axiata Digital eCode Sdn Bhd’s Boost e-wallet enables Samsung Galaxy devices to access convenient cashless payments from one single app, Samsung Pay.
Samsung Pay x Boost
This integration with Boost lets Samsung Pay users easily conduct cashless payments with cash merchants and small business owners without needing a physical credit, debit, or prepaid card. Customers can now use Samsung Pay to make purchases in night markets, food trucks, bazaars, and more.
Just by scanning the QR code, customers with Premium Wallet can also easily share bills using Samsung Pay when using Boost’s functionality for peer-to-peer money transfers in the app. Moreover, top up can be made with any Visa, Mastercard, AMEX cards or even through online banking all within a single Samsung Pay app.
“At Samsung, we continuously strive to deliver the best experiences to our customers,” “We are thrilled to be partnering with Boost, one of the top e-wallet providers in Malaysia with over 7.4 million users, to offer Samsung Pay users a richer mobile wallet experience. This partnership advances our commitment to providing customers with a more convenient payment experience that is simple, secure and available almost anywhere.”Yoonsoo Kim, President of Samsung Malaysia Electronics.
Samsung Pay is also secured with Samsung Knox, digital tokenization and biometric authentication to ensure secure payments without adding risk to physical cards. Additionally, customers will also benefit from an array of deals and rewards such as Samsung Reward Points and Boost Coins when they transact with Boost QR payment within the Samsung Pay app.
“Boost is excited to be the first and exclusive e-wallet to partner Samsung Pay who shares our aspiration to see digital payments become part of our everyday lifestyle. Since 2017, Boost has been pushing the boundaries of digital payments by pioneering many industry firsts, giving Malaysians more reasons to go cashless. With 160,000 Boosted merchants and counting nationwide, we are committed to providing everyone with a simple, seamless and secure digital payment experience for users as well as merchants. As a Samsung Pay user for over a year, I am personally excited to be able to link my two most used payment methods – Boost and Samsung Pay – to handle all my transactions,” Mohd Khairil Abdullah, CEO of Boost.
Simple, Secure and Almost Anywhere
Here’s how you can securely register or link your Boost account to your Samsung Pay:
- Step 1: Install Samsung Pay and sign in to your Samsung Account
- Step 2: Register your fingerprint or iris and create a 4-digit PIN to secure your payment
- Step 3: Add Boost QR card by registering for a new account or link your existing Boost account
- Step 4: Add money with credit/debit cards or via online banking. Upgrade to Premium wallet for higher limit.
- Step 5: Scan QR to launch your camera to scan QR code for payment
- Step 6: Show your QR code and authenticate with fingerprint or Boost PIN to make payment or receive money
Samsung Pay x Boost QR Payment Launch Promotion
|Stand a chance to win Samsung devices and more||– Join the promotion in Samsung Pay app and complete the Contest question before transacting.|
– Each Contestant can submit one (1) answer only throughout the Contest Period.
– Contestant will be awarded with a random Ten (10) digits unique code in the form of voucher upon completing the required number of QR payment transactions in Samsung Pay app (excluding top-up, refund and peer-to-peer transfer).
– A minimum spend of RM5 for each QR payment transaction is required.
– Every five (5) QR payment transactions will receive one (1) voucher with unique code as entry.
– Contestant can complete as many QR payment transactions to gain more entry voucher(s) throughout the Contest Period.
– Contestants will be shortlisted based on the unique code and best answer for the Contest question.
– Shortlisted contestant will need to submit proof of QR payment transaction history in Samsung Pay app.
– Only unique codes with minimum spend of RM5 for each QR payment transaction (excluding refunds) will qualify as prize winners.
– Each Contestant is entitled to win one (1) Prize only in the Contest.
– Prizes are given out on an ”As Is” basis and are non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable for cash or with vouchers of other denominations, whether in part or in full.
– Promotion period: 21 May – 30 June 2020
– Download and activate Samsung Pay app for further details.
|Grand Prize||Galaxy Fold (512GB)||1|
|2nd Prize||Galaxy S20 (128GB)||5|
|3rd Prize||Galaxy Tab S5e (64GB)||5|
|4th Prize||Galaxy A51 (128GB)||10|
|Special Prize||Galaxy Buds||20|
|Consolation Prize(42nd – 2041th Prize)||500 Samsung Rewards Points Expiry: Six (6) months from date issued||2,000|