The top 16 teams to emerge from the recent PMWL SEASON ZERO PUBG MOBILE World League (PMWL) Season Zero’s first Super Weekend have been announced.
PMWL SEASON ZERO
The teams will now move on to a second Super Weekend round happening this 24-26 July, as they continue to battle it out for a total prize pool of USD 850,000 and for coveted World League Points, which will determine who will proceed to the PMWL World League Finals, which are set to take place from 7-9 August.
The 16 teams that emerged from the first Super Weekend are (by ranking):
PMWL Season Zero Super Weekend 1 East West RRQ Athena
Bigetron Red Aliens
King of Gamers Club
Orange Rock (OR) Esports
Valdius the Murder
Alpha Legends Tempo Storm
Due to the global pandemic, the PMWL Season Zero, PUBG MOBILE’s newest global esports programme, was changed to an all-online format, with Mountain Dew ass the official beverage. The PMWL Season Zero, started on 11 July with 20 teams joining World League East and 20 teams joining World League West, and is set to be held until 9 August. It can be watched via live stream on PUBG MOBILE Esports YouTube channel.
PUBG MOBILE Esports Awards 2020 to honour the best in the game
PUBG MOBILE has concluded the voting round for its Esports Awards, which will honour the best performances and plays of PUBG MOBILE Esports. Players vote for their favorite stars from 15-22 July, based on the award categories below:
- Overall consideration of the player’s damage, kills and survival time.
- Nominees are considered from PUBG MOBILE Pro League Southeast Asia (PMPL SEA), PMPL South Asia (PMPL SEA), PMPL Americas (PMPL AM), PMWL, and the PUBG MOBILE World Championship (PMWC).
- PMPL MVPs will be announced by league season, PMWL MVPs will be announced at the conclusion of PMWL, while the PMWC MVPs will be announced during the PMWC annual awards ceremony.
- Fan Favourite Player
- Fans could vote in-game until 22 July, and 64 players who vote online will randomly selected to play with the Star Playeres.
- Participating regions include Southeast Asia (SEA), South Asia (SA), Americas (AM), Europe(EU), Middle East & Africa (ME & AF), Japan (JP), Korea (KR) and Wild Card. This means that eight fan favourite players from different regions will be announced at PMWL Season Zero, and each of them will receive a USD 2,000 prize reward.
For more information about upcoming PUBG MOBILE esports news, stay tuned on PUBG MOBILE’s official Facebook page.