In conjunction with this year’s 11.11 Global Shopping Festival in Malaysia, Alibaba Group today announced the integration of Lazada Wallet into the Taobao App in addition to a series of special deals and engaging activities that will offer consumers a more enriching and rewarding online shopping experience.
Lazada Wallet x Taobao
The integration of Lazada Wallet will allow Taobao App users in Malaysia to make payments seamlessly and securely on both platforms – Lazada and Taobao. For the first time, consumers will also be able to shop during a newly added sales window, starting from 1 to 3 November, ahead of the main event on 11 November 2020.
Malaysians can also take advantage of the many exclusive deals and revised sea and air shipping fees – the most competitive in the market – in addition to free shipping on more than 2 million products to enjoy more savings. Shoppers in Sabah and Sarawak will save further with shipping fees that are now inclusive of the Sales and Service Tax (SST), which was previously only applicable for Peninsular Malaysia.
“We are excited to introduce Lazada Wallet on the Taobao App this 11.11. It will help our consumers shop seamlessly across both platforms and enhance their shopping experience online. E-commerce has continued to grow tremendously, especially with the on-going pandemic. While our focus remains on enhancing the shopping experience, we also hope that the special deals and promotions will provide additional savings for Malaysians,” “With the integration of Lazada Wallet on the Taobao App, users now have a hassle-free channel to make instant payments with a more simplified check-out process. Users will also be rewarded with service fees as low as one percent compared with the current three percent online banking and card payment fee as well as instant refunds when they check out with their balance. The best part is that users’ balances on Lazada wallet will be synchronised across both platforms to offer a suitable payment option,” she added.Jess Lew, Country Manager for Alibaba Tmall World, Malaysia.
To enjoy the benefits of the new seamless payment channel, users can begin to activate their Lazada Wallet on the Taobao App from today, 28 October 2020 onwards.
On 1-3 November and 11 November, users who top up and check out with their Lazada Wallet balance will stand to enjoy instant rebates of RM25 for a minimum spend of RM50. They will also enjoy zero service charge on online banking and card payment fees.
Additionally, on 11 November, credit and debit cardholders of selected banks will enjoy an instant discount of up to RM25 for the day on a minimum spend of RM150-RM200. Participating banks include RHB, CIMB, UOB, Public Bank.
To activate their Lazada Wallet on Taobao, users only need to follow these simple steps:
- Download or update the Mobile Taobao App to the latest 9.13 version via Google Play or the Apple App Store
- Access Lazada Wallet by clicking on the “my Taobao” icon
- Register or log on to their Lazada Wallet account
- Verify their mobile number for immediate activation of their Lazada Wallet on the Taobao App
To top up their Lazada Wallet, users only need to:
- First ensure they complete the identity verification, which is a regulatory requirement for cross-border transactions on the Taobao platform
- Click ‘Top Up’ on the Wallet homepage
- Enter the top-up amount
- Select the top-up method (online banking or debit/credit card) to complete the process
Exclusive Promotions at 11.11
In addition to enjoy lower shipping fees and free shipping, here’s what Malaysian shoppers can expect starting 20 October, ahead of the 11.11 Global Shopping Festival. All offers and angpows are limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Shipping Angpows: Exclusive benefits for shoppers using the Taobao Official Shipping Service. Between 20 October and 11 November, new users stand to grab shipping angpows worth RMB 23. Meanwhile, existing users have a chance to score limited shipping angpows worth RMB 111 on 1-11 November, at 2 pm daily on the Taobao App. Additionally, from 1 to 10 November, shoppers who collect 1111 shipping points stand to redeem RMB 111 angpows.
- Daily Free Shipping Angpows: Additional free shipping angpows worth up to RMB 111 are up for grabs from 29 October to 10 November, at 11 am daily for those who purchase from the special RMB 299 free shipping section
- Daily Shopping Angpows: Shoppers stand a chance to grab angpows worth up to RMB 666 with a minimum spend of RMB 1111 from 29 October onwards, at 10 am and 4 pm daily
- Special Promo Codes: Use the promo code [TBSAVE40] at checkout to save RMB 40 for purchases worth a minimum of RMB 400
- More Special Offers: RMB 40 discount for every RMB 300 purchase on Tmall participating stores, or RMB 25 discount for a minimum spend of RMB 200 on Taobao participating stores.
For more information, please check out Alibaba Group Malaysia Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/AlibabaGroupMY/ or visit the Taobao App to check out on exclusive deals.